Its the time to look back at how the whole year has been.
First thing is getting my compliance certificate. I didn't thought I would be studying again after my degree, but now I feel that a degree is not enough. Constantly upgrading yourself with industry knowledge and being professionally certified is very important, what's more for my field with the changing world regulations. Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to take up more courses and certificates like the diploma for compliance.
Second, something that isn't surprising of me to do cause its in my nature. Celebrated my birthday by working till late and strolling alone around the marina bay area, a place that means something to me. Also booking my own flight and traveling on my own for the very first time. I'm not a person who likes to travel much and the only two further countries I've been to are Sri Lanka and Thailand. So being able to fly on my own to Australia is a huge deal to me. While the trip was mainly for me to take a short break before starting my new job and visit Kay there, it was also for me to 放下, 旅行. I can't say if it was successful but I can say that the trip was an enjoyable eye opener for me. We shall see where will be the next destination.
Another thing though its nothing big but I feel that it's significant to me was the meeting up of an important old friend whom I closed the door a few years back. We didn't had a big fall out or anything but my mentality back then was that there was no point being friends. I won't say I'm very matured now but look how a few years of "growing up" have changed my mindset. I always treasure and value friendships, especially those that really means a lot to me. So here is to keeping those friendships even as I get older and much busier.
Finally, I guess the biggest achievement and most recent major thing to happen was that I landed a permanent job at OCBC. It's a huge step up in terms of my career and where I want to be at my end goal. While I have to be honest and say that it wasn't really what I initially thought it would be and I can foresee that its going to be extremely tough, but I'm really looking forward to conquer this challenge that lies in front of me. Its time to go full steam ahead for my career.
Thank you for letting me experience all the happy, bittersweet and heart wrenching moments I have this year. I'm not going to forget this year, ever.