Hello blog its been awhile since I wrote a proper entry here. Needless to say many things have happened since the last post.
Joined camp rainbow back in June, a 3 day 2 night camp for chronically ill children where I was a befriender. Though I only managed to join the camp at the start of day 2, it was still a very meaningful experience taking care of children with special needs 24/7. Got to know some other volunteers who joined for a few years already and I'm looking forward to see if my schedule allows me to go back again next year.
WWE finally came to Singapore in July after a 8 years gap since the last time I went with my secondary school friends in 2007. While the show was actually ok only and I wasn't as enthusiastic as I was back then, its still a cool experience watching WWE live together with my dad. A good father and son experience that I am grateful for.
Now for the major part of this entry, work. So in June I became the second most senior analyst in my team and we had 4 new colleagues that joined us. I had to take up much more responsibilities and our daily workload also became increasingly hectic at the same time that I started to come into office everyday at 8am. I have to admit I couldn't cope well and made quite many mistakes be it a major one or many careless ones. There came a point in time I was having serious consideration of quitting even before finding a new job, but an ex colleague convinced me not to. I stayed on, thinking that I will last till the end of november when my contract ends. But fate would had it otherwise, I secured a new job within 2 weeks from the night I applied. Tendered my resignation and my official last day was somewhat brought forward last minute cause of the approval to use my remaining leave to offset my notice period. And so last monday I was only informed after lunch that it would be my last day and I was still rushing out a report till 5 plus. Didn't managed to say proper goodbyes to colleagues in the office so it was kinda a small regret. Looking back at almost a year being in this bank there were many tough times and I made many mistakes a rookie in the working world would make. But I am really thankful that the culture was good and it was a good learning experience plus all the people who have showed me guidance one way or another. Most importantly, I am thankful for the friends that I made here and hopefully we will still be in contract in time to come.
What's next for me, is a short trip to Melbourne where I am going to find Kay. After saying so many times that I want to go visit, I finally booked the tickets and will be flying there. Really excited cause its my first trip on my own and I'm really looking forward to enjoy all the beautiful sceneries and food there. Maybe also I can use this trip to find the closure that I been looking for..
See you Melbourne and a new self in 3 days!