Just a normal and simple blog
Wednesday, December 31, 2014 1:23 AM;
Its Dec already, and its time to look back at the year once again.

First off, I finally started work more than a month back. Though it isn't what I really want to do and I was hesitating if I should take up the offer at first, I guess it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Colleagues are fun to be with, probably cause most of them are around the same age and I can definitely see the opportunities there so there is a future. First day of my work and they told me the Saturday was dinner and dance, and I bumped into an old bmt/scs army friend which I'm so glad we managed to meet again. I'm about to reach a crossroad at January when I will have to make some decisions, so let's see how everything plays out. But I believe like everything else, everything happens for a reason.

Went back for reservist during mid November. Though it was a simple one week (3.5 days in camp to be exact) low key cycle, it was tougher than what I had thought it would be. Mainly due to hearing how relax it was the other time. Anyways booked in on the first day and when I was walking up back to my unit, it just brings me back to memories of my active time and how the place has not changed much. Though I did not went through the toughest of training there but I did still spend majority of my ns at Sembawang Airbase so the place do means something to me. Till next year. Wallaby maybe?

Finally completed my compliance course with my assignment and exam done. It wasn't easy, going home to study everyday after work repeating the cycle when it was nearing my paper. I used to hate having to do two major things at once but this time I wanted to test myself to see how far I can go, juggling work and studies. Though it was a short 4 months course but I met new people and I'm looking forward to see if my future really lies in compliance and how far I can go.

Once again, you lose some and you gain some. A friendship I managed to maintain last year but its not at the same state now. But I gain back an old friendship (who I know still reads) I didn't have last year, and of course some new great ones.

My moral values were tested during the year. I don't know what I did and didn't do was right or wrong but I saw this quote somewhere which I thought to myself how true it is. Everyone can make mistakes, but you shouldn't make the same mistake twice. So right now I'm trying to make sure I won't have the same "regret" again.

This year has been the most eventful year, consisting of the happiest and saddest time for me. From juggling such a heavy assignment last semester and council stuff at the same time, being the IC for collab and working with Singapore Children Society which reminded me how much I enjoy doing social work, A, C, "graduation trip", convocation which is filled with really contradicting emotions hoping that the day never comes at all, going back to church after so many years and every now and then, reservist, getting a full time job, and lastly to finally a trip with Kay, Hewett and Bryan amidst all the unhappiness before the trip. If there is a year I can choose to relive again, other than poly year 2, this will be the year. I'm really thankful for all that has happened. But at the same time I want to leave all the unhappy memories behind and look forward to see what next year will bring.


Just hope next year and all the years to come, I'll be able to think as positive as possible. I want to change for the better.
生命總會有難關 受傷是理所當然

Quotes
You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you

Him
Just a normal and simple guy leading a normal and simple life. A Gemini born on 29 May and is 26 this year. Likes to reminisce about the past and wonders what could he have done differently, and now looks forward to the future to see what will it bring. So tell him if you can invent a time travel machine or have already invented one.

Thoughts

Archives
2006: 12
2007: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2008: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2009: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2010: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2011: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2012: 01. 02. 06. 07. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2013: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 07. 08. 09. 11. 12.
2014:02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 11. 12.
2015: 03. 04. 05. 10. 11. 12.
2016: 01. 12.