Just a normal and simple blog
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:59 PM;
And its time for my favourite month (besides May) to write about, summing up what I have done during the year and all my thoughts. I still remember the last entry for last year I said that this year will be good. And while on the surface nothing really significant happened that made me felt that the year has been the best so far as what I initially hope it will be, I thought deeper about it and realised things have been much better for me now as compared to how I felt last year.

1) The thing that I felt the most is that I've grown to be more positive and happier with whatever I have instead of whatever I don't. Whether if its because of the wish I made on my birthday that caused this is an another question, but I do hope it'll last throughout all my life.

 2) I told myself at the end of last year that I want to leave all the past memories behind, which I did mostly. I finally had a proper closure for one of a more important person to me and I'm really glad that she's happy and together with someone now. I also managed to improve on some of my friendships that wasn't going so well this point of time last year to where it is now, no more hard feelings and all. And I'm also glad that the love for my 2 secondary school group of friends, 4s2 and Momoders are back again.

3) Being back to school was a little overwhelming at first but I got the hang of it during the second semester, though the results proved otherwise (boo!) But comparing to my council journey, it was definitely much better during the second semester after being in the planning team for event01 which I got to know LOUT (last of us team) as I mentioned before that it has been one of the best things to happen in recent memory and that I'm really grateful for. The team has been still close and we even had a christmas exchange and planning an upcoming chinese new year steamboat! I'm curious to see how the collaboration team will be like next semester.

4) And most importantly, I told myself last year that I won't allow myself to get hurt anymore. Which resulted the first half of the year being kinda, mundane. However the second half was slightly more, interesting to put it in a way, though like I mentioned earlier nothing really significant happened.

5) Another good thing that happened pretty recent is my internship in ABN. I was pretty worried at first stepping into the real working world but I'm glad that the people are all very nice and welcoming. The bank has been really happening with so many events (offsite, meals, drinking sessions, basketball and bowling) and I can only say I'm really fortunate to be working in the bank during this period. I got to know so much more about structures of banks and it helped me kinda know what I want to do in the future. Also I'm grateful to my dad who made this all possible.

Then again a year can't be all good. Something that I feared happening these few years, happened. Grandma past away, what's more during a very bad timing of assignment week. I still remember how badly I was crying when I saw her in the coffin and they sealed it up. But this is life, when there's life there will be always death. Another thing is my relationship with my parents. Things have gotten slightly bad as the older I grow but I'm glad now as the year is ending things are alright already.

And that pretty sums up my year. Moving forward, it will be my last semester next year and graduation already. Before school started I had the thought that 1.5 years for my degree will be good cause the faster I finish my degree and graduate the better it is. But now I kinda wish that the course can be slightly longer cause school has been fun and I also don't want to start work so soon. Then again like most of everything else, there's no party that won't end in this world and that things are never what it seems so maybe the faster I graduate and start work might be good also.


Last and foremost, despite really looking forward to being in a relationship all these years, I guess I might now have a slight change of mentality..

Here's to 2014 and I'm sure it will be even better!

Quotes
You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you

Him
Just a normal and simple guy leading a normal and simple life. A Gemini born on 29 May and is 26 this year. Likes to reminisce about the past and wonders what could he have done differently, and now looks forward to the future to see what will it bring. So tell him if you can invent a time travel machine or have already invented one.

Thoughts

Archives
2006: 12
2007: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2008: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2009: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2010: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2011: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2012: 01. 02. 06. 07. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2013: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 07. 08. 09. 11. 12.
2014:02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 11. 12.
2015: 03. 04. 05. 10. 11. 12.
2016: 01. 12.