25 Dec
Cloudy day
Dear blog,First off, happy birthday and a third year anniversary.
Quite many things happened this year though it was a less emotional ride for me compared to last year. I was reading through all the past entries of this year and realised that I been writing slightly more recently and the content and the way I wrote has improved, at least to me. I guess I kinda enjoy writing sometimes every now and then.
The year has been quite alright for me. Looking back, there were quite a few moments that I want to highlight.
Primers, coming back from my break, stepping down from exco but still helping up in most of the events. A few memorable events like RIO ex, Afterglow and SGB to a certain extent because of Shi jun, Philip and Jon which I can't say how tight we are. (I still got a whole post about all of these) Another thing was being able to go to Sri Lanka again, surprisingly. I'm thankful that I'm was given a chance to. Though they always say that the second one is not as good as the first one, but I'm still glad that I can go back and see how the people in the village have been and all our work that we done there. And also I'll never forget the journey from the village back to the day when we reached the airport. I wonder what's going to happen next year.
Momoders, much less gatherings with them this year. The last time I saw most of them was when we sent Fengling off for her 6 months ITP in China. And instead have been meeting up with my sec4 classmates more often this time round. Hopefully next year I'll be able to take more time out to meet up with my old secondary school friends.
Basketball, been going for lesser training, especially lately. I haven't played since the week before MST. I guess I kinda lost faith, even though getting 4th in this year's IPOD which is the best out of my 3 years. I'm just wondering what's happening and how to get my faith back. Let's just see how next year will be like.
Another good friend passing away. Once again reminding me to appreciate every single moment I have with people around me.
Lastly, the class. School has been fun, with the class getting better and better. And I was right, that year 3 is the best year ever. Having so much fun each time whenever we go out, be it during breaks, skipping class together, after papers or for some occasion. I can't wait for the Taiwan trip next year.
If I will to choose a picture to represent this year I will choose this 2. (Cause there's no definite picture of the year like last year)
I kinda like this because of the way we took it and of that particular day. Somehow this picture reminds me of another picture which brings back memories. If only the sky was much clearer, then it will be the best picture of the year.Some resolutions for next year. Firstly, I hope I'll get into some good army rank. I want to be in the front line to fight and don't want to settle for anything less then that.
To really give my last best shot at studies. To not sleep in class for every lecture or tutorial. (I tried for the last week of the previous term and I did it!) To pull my gpa to a satisfactory one. Which reminds me I haven't check my results for the previous semester.
No more deaths for the next year. I don't want to go through again another death of someone I know. It really sucks. I guess it isn't greedy of me to ask for this.
And, to stop making the same mistake time and time again. Also, to stop doing what I did I guess I can say for the last 3 years. Being an asshole at the end of everything. Don't want to elaborate on that cause if you know what I'm talking about you'll know.
I promise I'll start off 2010 with a good one.
Ben.