Just a normal and simple blog
Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:19 PM;
Just some thoughts after the trip. Going to Sri Lanka was and still is definitely a one of a kind experience for me. Looking at how the people live there and living the life there was special. I don't mind living the rest of my life there, at the tsunami relief camp, Thirukkovil. Life there is simple yet fulfilling. But I doubt there will be a chance for us to go back there ever again. And throughout the whole trip I had alot of thoughts and reflections. This trip really makes me think about life and everything. They say its a life changing trip. For me, I won't say I'm a changed person now but I can say that I'm taking a different view of life now. - 10/10/08

19 September
Rainy day
Dear blog,
Again, this whole week was so packed.

RIO camp just passed and there were so many thoughts and feelings. To be honest, I was quite worried on the days leading up to the camp and during the camp itself. But thank god everything was alright at the end of the day. Even though it was extremely tough, physically and mentally, it was also one of the most memorable event for me personally. And throughout this camp I learnt two important things. One, I am good but I can be better. This sentence also ended up as the conclusion when I was talking with my parents sometime ago. I guess it really applies to me in many aspect, be it as a gl, son, or even as a person.

Two, I suddenly realised that whenever I spent a certain amount of time on something I will tend to develop some feelings towards it. When I do things or with people. Doing stuffs together, going through the tough times together. I guess its call dependence? I don't know. But I do know that its not good, for me or for whoever. And its kinda funny that I keep going back to the same old stuff even when I know its not suitable for me.

Anyways just in case u didn't know, I'm going to Sri Lanka again. The journey from deciding to submit my name, to waiting for confirmation, to really deciding to go, and to now preparing for the trip is a really really tough one. I got alot of things to say but I guess it doesn't matter already. I don't know what to expect from the trip this time round but I guess its a good time for me to cool down, have a change of environment and think about stuffs. Think about everything that has happened, still happening and what I want to do. Hopefully everything will be alright at the end of the day.

I really wanted to settle some stuffs before I fly off but I can't. I tried to meet up with those I want to meet but as usual things doesn't go the way I want it to be. Again, I have alot to say but I don't want to go into all those. Maybe by the time I come back all these doesn't matter anymore. We'll see.

I guess this is it then. Goodbye.


Ben.

Quotes
You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you

Him
Just a normal and simple guy leading a normal and simple life. A Gemini born on 29 May and is 26 this year. Likes to reminisce about the past and wonders what could he have done differently, and now looks forward to the future to see what will it bring. So tell him if you can invent a time travel machine or have already invented one.

Thoughts

Archives
2006: 12
2007: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2008: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2009: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12
2010: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2011: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2012: 01. 02. 06. 07. 09. 10. 11. 12.
2013: 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 07. 08. 09. 11. 12.
2014:02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 11. 12.
2015: 03. 04. 05. 10. 11. 12.
2016: 01. 12.