18th May
Rainy day
Dear blog,Rainy day
POC just ended yesterday. Somehow there's so much difference between last year's and this year's.
I told paul the other time, I don't know what's the difference is but I just felt totally different this year compared to last year right from the first meeting. The planning stage and during the camp itself, all felt so different. And I don't know if its considered being promoted or not, from being assistant camp commander to group leader but I guess its a totally different role.
The first night when I was lying on the bed, it suddenly dawned on me that the role of group leader is a really REALLY tough one. When something affects u and u can't show it out but to continue being a fun loving and ever so high group leader, the feeling really sucks. It really do. Whats more when u have 4 5 issues affecting u at the same time. I have to say, it was the worst POC experience for me personally.
But still, I did have my fair share of enjoyment too. Having fun with my group during the camp and especially the last night, getting so high and everyone dancing like crazy together. I really enjoyed myself at that time. It was also at that time that the issues seems to be ok for that moment, just for that moment.
So fast its been a year already since I started my journey in Primers, planning the first event POC. Now after a year later I'm part of the committe again but this time its about the end of my journey in Primers, at least for exco. Primers award night is just this thursday already when our batch of exco "graduate". Whether or not I'll continue staying till the end after that I really don't know. I know I want to but I don't know if I'm able to carry on without being affected by things that will happen. We'll see how things goes.
Anyways I'll most probably post up pictures of the past few events in the next entry and maybe talk about how things are. I hope everything will be ok by then.
Ben.